ReFORCE Permeation Piling
What is ReFORCE Piling?
ReFORCE Permeation Piling comprises columns of solidified and strengthened soil augmented by a structural steel tube (ReFORCE Lance) also used as the grout delivery system.
They are installed through a small aperture drilled through the foundation to provide support directly under the part of the structure to be supported.
Typically, a ReFORCE Pile is 0.5m in diameter and will have a capacity of between 100kN and 500kN.
* Pile capacities are calculated in accordance with accepted soil mechanics expressions.
The advantages of the ReFORCE piling system
- STRONG: The piles comprise typically 0.5m diameter once fully installed. (After the resin has cured in the substrate) Therefore considerable end bearing capacity is obtainable.
- RELIABLE: With over ten years of ReFORCE pile applications to domestic and commercial properties, no failure has ever occurred. ReFORCE Permeation Piling is normally designed with a factor of safety of 3x and minimum characteristic dimensions allowed for. This takes into account natural variability in the soil column. The use of a structural steel core further enhances the reliability of the pile.
- CONSISTENT: The bond between the permeation grouted column and structural steel injection tube is exceptionally high, strong enough, in fact, to allow forces to be carried throughout the length of the pile, even when it is interrupted by inclusions of lower permeability soils.
- COST EFFECTIVE: ReFORCE Piles compete against all other underpinning systems in the insured marketplace and are regarded as exceptionally cost effective and competitive.
- FIXED PRICE: The combination of careful design, predictability of outcome and conservative approach allows the ReFORCE contractor to work to a fixed price.
- COMPLIANT: Understandably, ReFORCE Piles are considered an extension to the structure in the same way as a steel pile or concrete underpin. As such ReFORCE piles are subject to Building Regulations.
- FLEXIBLE: ReFORCE Piles are formed using GeoTek resins, which react with water. It makes no effective difference whether the ground is saturated below the water table or just slightly damp, the correct pile forming reaction will always take place.
- ADAPTABLE: Designed to be installed using hand portable equipment – essential where piles are to be installed in confined spaces. ReFORCE Piles have achieved installation depths exceeding 12 metres in very low headroom.
- DURABLE: GeoTek LV Geotechnical grade polyurethane resin is highly stable and resistant to breakdown in normal soils. Reports have indicated that this class of polyurethane is likely to exceed the durability of Portland cement on similar conditions.
- RAPID INSTALLATION: Due to the non-invasive style of installation.
- MINIMAL DISRUPTION: The majority of projects can be carried out with the client in the property.
- CONTROLLED: The resin formulation and the chambered design of the ReFORCE lances work in conjunction to allow a high degree of control over the profile of ReFORCE Piles.
- SCALABLE: ReFORCE Lances are available in a range of sizes to suit the application.
- GUARANTEED: ReFORCE installations are automatically covered by a leading 12 year guarantee called ReFORCE Shield. This is a high quality latent defects warranty completely independent of the installer.